Sewing-themed summer camps offered for kids 7-14 in Truckee
June 14, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Beginning in Truckee Fabrics, then moving when the shop sold to Tahoe Donner, and now at Sierra Expeditionary Learning School behind the fire station in Truckee, Kids Sew Cool is rolling along.
After 18 years, Kids Sew Cool is still offering an alternative summer experience that results in life-long skills. The students use real machines and create things that they can use and wear.
Linda Brush, a 40-year summer resident of Truckee and retired middle school teacher, presents a comprehensive program, and class size is limited to eight for maximum enjoyment for all the students. All camps held at Sierra Expeditionary Learning School at 11603 Donner Pass Road.
Four camps will be offered this summer; each is offered from 9 a.m. to noon or 1-4 p.m.:
Beginning Sewing: June 22-25
Pool Party Sewing: July 6-9
Recommended Stories For You
Slumber Party Sewing: July 27-30
Back to School Sewing August 3-6
Children ages 7-14 are welcome. Machines are available for everyone, and all fabrics, notions and extras needed to create are included. A drink and snack is also included.
For details, contact Brush at 530-825-1485 or sewLinda@aol.com, or visit pinebrushcamps.com.
Trending In: Education
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- $50,000 in scholarships awarded to 7 Tahoe-Truckee seniors
- CHP-Truckee presents school bus drivers with safe driving awards