SNC Choir to perform Spring Concert at St. Patrick’s
March 18, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The Sierra Nevada College Choir, under the direction of Donna Axton, will perform its annual Spring Concert at St. Patrick's Episcopal Church on Thursday and Saturday, March 26 and 28, at 7 p.m.
Marty Gollery, as the Toreador; Natalie Dyjak Violetta, from LA Traviata; Christina Cervi, in a song from The Mikado; and Suzanne Gollery, Nicole Ross and Kaitlyn MacAuley will be among those performing.
"We sing some of the most beloved and memorable melodies from operas and 'mini' operas," Axton said in a press release. "We include excerpts from Pirates of Penzance, Carmen, Aida and La Traviata, all the way to Merry Widow, Madame Butterfly and H.M.S. Pinafore.
"The music makes you smile, maybe laugh, and certainly it makes you hum along and tap your feet."
SNC students/faculty are admitted free. Tickets for non-SNC folks are $15 and can be bought at at the SNC bookstore, Potlatch and Handmade at the Lake in Incline Village, at The Store in Tahoe City, or from chorus members. Tickets cost $20 at the door.
St. Patrick's Episcopal Church is located at 341 Village Blvd.
Recommended Stories For You
In its 30th year, the SNC Choir features members from Lake Tahoe's North Shore and Truckee. Axton is musical director and conductor. Call her at 775-881-7586 for more information.
Trending In: Education
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- $50,000 in scholarships awarded to 7 Tahoe-Truckee seniors
- CHP-Truckee presents school bus drivers with safe driving awards