SNC Tahoe aims to again top Nevada’s Big Give donations
March 4, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — This year, Nevada's Big Give is Thursday, March 12. Sponsored by Nevada Gives, Nevada's Big Give is one extraordinary day to make a real impact for your favorite Nevada-based nonprofit organization.
By giving to participating organizations through the centralized Nevada's Big Give website, a gift counts toward their overall totals for the day and helps to qualify them for special recognition and additional cash prizes.
Gifts of at least $10 must be made online between midnight and 11:59 p.m. on March 12, but they can be scheduled in advance using the secure forms available at visit http://www.nevadagives.org.
According to Nevada Gives, since Nevada's Big Give started in 2011, more than 10,000 donors have given $1.4 million to hundreds of charities in Nevada.
For the last two years, Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village (SNC Tahoe) has raised more dollars than any other nonprofit participating in this program.
This year, the college hopes to keep this trend alive; through a matching gift by an anonymous donor, the first $20,000 given to SNC Tahoe through Nevada's Big Give program on March 12 will be matched dollar-for-dollar, doubling the amount raised.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information about Nevada's Big Give, visit http://www.nevadagives.org.
This article was submitted to the Bonanza by SNC Tahoe. Visit sierranevada.edu to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation now accepting grant applications from Truckee
- Elementary school students win big at Regional Science Fair
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Tahoe-Truckee Teacher of the Year: Allison Everist is second finalist
- Truckee-area Civil Air Patrol member gets Mitchell Award
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- THE SUN NOW: Live coverage from the newsroom (Live Scanner)
- Another storm headed for Lake Tahoe this week