SNC Tahoe raises nearly $50,000 in Nevada’s Big Give
March 18, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Generosity during last week's Nevada's Big Give will make a big impact at Lake Tahoe, as Sierra Nevada College again raised the largest dollar amount in the state this year with $49,275.
Across the state, gifts of at least $10 were made online between midnight and 11:59 p.m. on March 12 as part of Big Give. In total, the effort raised $571,047, with 5,037 unique donors,
"We are really proud of our community, and of our students who pulled together to make group contributions," James Uyeda, Director Of Annual Giving and Alumni/Parent Relations at SNC Tahoe, said in a statement.
SNC Tahoe's success this year included 66 individual gifts, but the actual participation number may be closer to 80 donors, according to the Incline Village-based college.
Uyeda hosted an on-campus drive to encourage students and local community members to give in person, and students responded by pooling their cash into single gifts.
Giving was also driven by a generous challenge from an anonymous donor, who matched the first $20,000 dollar-for-dollar.
Recommended Stories For You
All money donated through Nevada's Big Give to SNC will go directly into student programming and scholarships, according to the college.
For information about Nevada's Big Give, visit http://www.nevadagives.org. Visit sierranevada.edu to learn more about SNC Tahoe.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: River Day a rich experience for all
- WWII D-Day veteran, Truckee resident awarded France’s Legion of Honor
- KidZone Museum in Truckee unveils new fairy tale exhibit
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death