Students represent TTUSD at CMEA Honor Band
March 31, 2015
Three students represented Tahoe Truckee Unified School District recently at California Music Educator's 19th Annual Northern Section Junior High Honor Band, held at California State University, Chico.
This annual event selects student musicians from sixth through ninth grade from a large area of Northern California.
Truckee High School freshman Avery Fournier and Sierra Bohnet, students of Mr. Jesse Steele, were selected to play flute. Jordy Guldman, an eighth-grader at Alder Creek Middle School, and student of Mr. Randy Humphreys, was selected to play trumpet.
The students dedicated two intense days to work together with other young musicians from around Northern California and refine six varied musical pieces. They worked under the direction of guest conductor, Mr. Dan Neece, who recently retired after a 40 year career of teaching music in Redding, Calif.
The two day event culminated with an well-attended evening concert for the Chico community.
Trending In: Education
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Tahoe Truckee recognized as Pacesetter community for support of reading
- Toree’s Stories: Spotting the smallest of birds at Lake Tahoe
- Give Back Tahoe: Truckee-Donner Historical Society preserves and protects