Sunshine Letter: Days For Girls event a huge success
August 10, 2016
A BIG Thank You for everyone's help with our Days For Girls 1st official Sewing Workshop that was held July 18-21.
In all, 30-40 volunteers — people from ages 9-79 — sewed, ironed, pinned, cut and donated money, washcloths, soaps, undies and Ziploc bags!
A special thank you to Linda Brush for donating her machines and sewing expertise, Marty Schoenberg from The Sewing Machine Shop for donating two machines, Sierra High School for use of their classroom — and a very special thank-you to Margaret Peet, who wanted to attend but could not, so she held a garage sale and donated $530!
We are very proud to be a part of such an amazing International Organization helping women and girls all over the world by supplying such important basic items that we all take for granted. For information about the Days For Girls, visit daysforgirls.org. To get involved locally, contact Anika & Susanna Neave at email@example.com.
Susanna and Anika Neave
Days for Girls Truckee Team
Trending In: Education
- District names Andrew Yoxsimer as new Incline High principal
- Toree’s Stories: Spotting the smallest of birds at Lake Tahoe
- KidZone Museum in Truckee unveils new fairy tale exhibit
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Sierra Nevada College’s Lynn Gillette out as president (updated)