Sunshine Letter: Days For Girls event a huge success
August 10, 2016
A BIG Thank You for everyone's help with our Days For Girls 1st official Sewing Workshop that was held July 18-21.
In all, 30-40 volunteers — people from ages 9-79 — sewed, ironed, pinned, cut and donated money, washcloths, soaps, undies and Ziploc bags!
A special thank you to Linda Brush for donating her machines and sewing expertise, Marty Schoenberg from The Sewing Machine Shop for donating two machines, Sierra High School for use of their classroom — and a very special thank-you to Margaret Peet, who wanted to attend but could not, so she held a garage sale and donated $530!
We are very proud to be a part of such an amazing International Organization helping women and girls all over the world by supplying such important basic items that we all take for granted. For information about the Days For Girls, visit daysforgirls.org. To get involved locally, contact Anika & Susanna Neave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susanna and Anika Neave
Days for Girls Truckee Team
Trending In: Education
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Give Back Tahoe: Pet Network Humane Society a no-kill shelter
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- $60K sought to send Incline High class to national competition in D.C.
- Excellence in Education Foundation honors Tahoe Truckee teachers, staff