Tahoe Charity League hosts schools superintendent
June 29, 2015
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On Monday, June 8, Tahoe League for Charity featured Robert Leri, superintendent of the Truckee Tahoe Unified School District, at its monthly Luncheon/ Speaker meeting at Jake's on the Lake in Tahoe City.
How society values school as a whole culture has everything to do with how students engage in their own efforts in education. TTUSD has achieved the unique balance between a student's personal involvement, personal success, and the efforts of a world-class teaching staff.
Dr. Leri spoke on the recent rebound of enrollment for the District emphasizing the allure of our idyllic location at Lake Tahoe. He coupled that with the fact that North Tahoe has been rated one of eight of the nation's most popular places to raise a family.
Federal and State recognition for the school district include the "Title 1 High Academic Achievement Award" and the State sponsored "Gold Ribbon Award" for gains in academic performance standards in English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Science.
A new vision of learning employed by the district places emphasis on more challenging and engaging work — with students as the focus. Through "compassionate teaching," students will learn a culture of accountability as well as the skills required to successfully embrace the characteristics of diversity.
The next Tahoe League for Charity meeting will be held on Monday, July 13. The featured speaker will be Lora Nadolski from the Tahoe Maritime Museum. She will speak on museum events and its future change of location.
Recommended Stories For You
This wonderful museum exhibits an astounding wood boat collection and various maritime artifacts. It also offers a museum tour and various programs to learn and understand Tahoe maritime history.
The meeting will be held at Jake's on the Lake at 11:30. Cost of lunch is $17. For reservations, email Ellen Magnani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, grant request deadline is July 1. Go to our website, tahoeleagueforcharity.org, for further information.
Linda Schwoob is Publicity Chair for Tahoe League for Charity.
Trending In: Education
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Celebrating homeschooling as a viable option in Incline Village
- Tahoe Truckee recognized as Pacesetter community for support of reading
- Toree’s Stories: Spotting the smallest of birds at Lake Tahoe
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke