Tahoe City Rotarians donate dictionaries to local students
December 15, 2015
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Members of The Rotary Club of Tahoe City were back at Tahoe Lake Elementary School again this past Tuesday to lend a hand to local schools by donating educational materials.
They gave out more than 75 dictionaries, covering all three third-grade classrooms. Each student received a personal copy of the illustrated hardcover dictionary.
"It's really special to see the kids light up when they get their own dictionary," said Don Bell, a committed Rotarian who has a long history in education.
He certainly was not exaggerating. Each and every child could barely stay seated as they went through their new book.
They were continually asking questions and sharing new information with their peers. Don has played an integral part in coordinating this event that is fully funded and executed by The Rotary Club of Tahoe City and its members.
For information on how you can help, or the many other community efforts Rotary performs year-round, visit tahoecityrotary.org or message the club on its Facebook page.
Recommended Stories For You
Michael Marrone is a member of The Rotary Club of Tahoe City.
Trending In: Education
- North Tahoe Middle School students design experiments to save sugar pines
- Christmas tree lot sales benefit youth
- Sierra Nevada College’s Lynn Gillette out as president (updated)
- Tahoe Truckee Unified schools honored with California Golden Bell Award
- ‘Classroom of the Future’ taking shape at Tahoe-Truckee schools