Tahoe Comedy North celebrating 9 years at Crystal Bay
February 17, 2016
Tahoe Comedy North will celebrate its 9th anniversary next week at the Crystal Bay Casino with a raucous performance from Edwin San Juan.
San Juan is a Filipino American actor and comedian known for sharing his multicultural life experiences, his observational humor, word play and for poking fun at ethnic stereotypes, according to Tahoe Comedy North.
He is the creator and Executive Producer of "SlantED Comedy," a showcase of Asian American stand-up comedians televised on Showtime and also performs across the country and internationally.
San Juan's first film appearance was in "I'm Not Like That No More" (2010), a comedy co-starring Felipe Esparza.
He has entertained American troops on the USO tour "Around the World in Eight Days," and has made several TV appearances, including Comedy Central's Live at Gotham and 'Comics without Borders' on Showtime.
Currently, he performs nightly at Planet Hollywood. Recently, he was named Las Vegas Weekly's BEST COMEDIAN on the Las Vegas Strip for 2015.
Recommended Stories For You
As part of next week's 9th anniversary celebration, attendees can win tickets to Tahoe Comedy North at the Crystal Bay Casino for all of 2016! Other prizes include a $100 gift certificate for the Steak & Lobster House as well as gift certificates for Lanza's, Hacienda, Tahoe Wellness Center, NaturaMed, New Moon Natural Foods and more.
Trending In: Education
- $60K sought to send Incline High class to national competition in D.C.
- Incline High We the People class heading to national finals in D.C.
- District names Andrew Yoxsimer as new Incline High principal
- Sierra history: The Gold Rush winter of 1850 (part 2)
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation now accepting grant applications from Truckee
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra