Tahoe Cross-Country Ski Swap to celebrate 15 years
November 14, 2013
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — The Tahoe Cross Country Ski Education Association will host its annual Cross-Country Ski Swap on Saturday, Nov. 16, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Tahoe Cross Country, 925 Country Club Drive in Tahoe City.
The largest cross-country ski swap in California, this event caters to many human-powered sports such as skate and classic skiing, snowshoeing, Telemark, backcountry touring, cycling and more. Find used rental skis, demos, boots, poles, clothing, pull-behind sleds for kids, and more. Admission is free. Breakfast and lunch will be available on Saturday.
"It's a great kick-off to the winter," said Valli Murnane, Ski Education association director. "Everyone is excited to see their friends again, the season could start with the next storm, and half the time a little snow might be falling. It's a great community event."
Selling equipment? Register your sale items from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Tahoe Cross Country on Friday, Nov. 15. A 15 percent commission is taken from sold items. The event is a fundraiser for the Tahoe Cross Country Ski Education Association.
In 1999, Tahoe Cross Country entered a concession agreement with the Tahoe City Public Utility District. Since then, the ski area and its programs have grown dramatically and have since been recognized nationally. Fundraisers such as the Ski Swap, Gourmet Ski Tour, and Full Moon Yurt Dinners have allowed The Ski Education Association to provide affordable Nordic ski programs for the youth and adults in the community.
In 2013, the operation expanded to offer trailhead mountain bike rentals and food service for riders, hikers, and runners enjoying the surrounding trail network.
Recommended Stories For You
"It's hard to believe we are in our 15th year," said Kevin Murnane, general manager. "We started with a handful of dedicated volunteer board members and a great deal of community support. We feel proud to have established ourselves as a valuable tourist destination as well as a local community resource. We are looking forward to a fun winter."
For more information visit http://www.tahoexc.org or call 530-583-5475.
Trending In: Education
- Snow days: Tahoe-Truckee schools face challenges when making the call
- Truckee, North Tahoe student athletes commit to excellence on and off the field
- Tahoe Truckee school district hires career-readiness position
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- 154 Truckee High School students graduate
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million