Tahoe ski resort doling our free season passes for straight-A students
February 4, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Diamond Peak Ski Resort and the Incline Village General Improvement District will reward Incline Village students for academic success this season with its Stellar Students Ski Free Program.
Students enrolled through grade 12 in Incline Village schools, including the private Lake Tahoe School, may receive a free 2014-15 Diamond Peak season pass in exchange for their January 2015 report card with straight A grades.
The offer also includes children with an IVGID Picture Pass who attend schools outside Incline Village, according to an IVGID press release.
Students must present the original straight A report card from the first semester ending January 2015 at Diamond Peak Guest Services; those who have already purchased season passes will receive a full refund, according to IVGID.
Students in Kindergarten through second grade who use a different grading system must receive an S+ in all their Core Subjects.
"Diamond Peak's Stellar Students Program is designed to recognize the importance of academic success and reward the hard work and dedication of students in the local community," officials said in a press release. "In addition, IVGID hopes to encourage students to apply that dedication outside of the classroom to achieve similar goals on the mountain and elsewhere."
Recommended Stories For You
Visit DiamondPeak.com to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation accepting grant applications from Truckee
- Challenge Day encourages Tahoe-Truckee students by building empathy
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Old Trestle launches Truckee’s first distillery in 100 years
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- News Briefs: South Lake Tahoe man accused of killing roommate with piece of firewood