Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Drum beats, hand clapping and noise, oh my!
May 25, 2016
There will be no "shushing" at the at the Incline Village Library on Wednesday, May 25. In fact, we are gonna get LOUD and ask that you get loud with us, and the talented Tsurunokai Drummers.
Oh, yes, you read that right – drumming in the library! It's going to be fantastic. Tsurunokai Drummers demonstrate the exciting art of traditional Japanese taiko drumming and share insight into Japanese culture.
The group plays traditional Japanese folk music as well as original songs and has performed in numerous multicultural festivals and charity events in the Reno/Sparks/Tahoe area.
This cultural event is made possible by Friends of the Washoe County Library and Pioneer Center Youth Programs. See you at the library!
Upcoming events at Incline Village Library:
May 25: 4-5 p.m. Tsurunokai Drummers
Recommended Stories For You
May 26: 11:15-11:45 a.m. Toddler Story Time. Stories, songs, finger plays and wiggle action are part of the fun. Designed for children 18 months to 3 years, but all ages are welcome.
May 28-June 10: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Early Voting for the June 14 primary.
Kings Beach Public Library:
May 26: 2-3 p.m. "New Trends in Social Media." Linkedin, Twitter, Slack, Instagram and more. Join us for the free and informative class taught by Doug Greenwood.
May 31: 10:30-11 a.m. Preschool Story time presents: "Horses." We will read about horses, sing songs, gallop around, and have lots of fun.
June 1: Summer Reading Begins. "Read for the Win!" Stop by and pick up a reading log. We have great prizes for motivated readers! Stop the summer reading slide. Stay tuned for our upcoming summer programs.
May 28: 10:30-11 a.m. Spanish Storytime, featuring bilingual stories, songs and rhymes. Story reader Reyna Sanchez-Lopez will present lively books and activities to introduce children to the wonders of reading and the treasure of books at the Library. Families and children of all ages are welcome.
Amanda Mongolo is Programs & Outreach Librarian at Incline Village Library, 845 Alder Ave., Incline Village. Call 775-832-4130.
Trending In: Education
- Flexible technology key to Truckee-Tahoe’s ‘classroom of the future’
- Tahoe Truckee Unified among 6 districts recognized nationally as Green Achiever
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- Back to School: From a teacher’s perspective
- Tahoe Truckee School of Music scores hit with winter recital
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl