Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Drum beats, hand clapping and noise, oh my!
May 25, 2016
There will be no "shushing" at the at the Incline Village Library on Wednesday, May 25. In fact, we are gonna get LOUD and ask that you get loud with us, and the talented Tsurunokai Drummers.
Oh, yes, you read that right – drumming in the library! It's going to be fantastic. Tsurunokai Drummers demonstrate the exciting art of traditional Japanese taiko drumming and share insight into Japanese culture.
The group plays traditional Japanese folk music as well as original songs and has performed in numerous multicultural festivals and charity events in the Reno/Sparks/Tahoe area.
This cultural event is made possible by Friends of the Washoe County Library and Pioneer Center Youth Programs. See you at the library!
Upcoming events at Incline Village Library:
May 25: 4-5 p.m. Tsurunokai Drummers
Recommended Stories For You
May 26: 11:15-11:45 a.m. Toddler Story Time. Stories, songs, finger plays and wiggle action are part of the fun. Designed for children 18 months to 3 years, but all ages are welcome.
May 28-June 10: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Early Voting for the June 14 primary.
Kings Beach Public Library:
May 26: 2-3 p.m. "New Trends in Social Media." Linkedin, Twitter, Slack, Instagram and more. Join us for the free and informative class taught by Doug Greenwood.
May 31: 10:30-11 a.m. Preschool Story time presents: "Horses." We will read about horses, sing songs, gallop around, and have lots of fun.
June 1: Summer Reading Begins. "Read for the Win!" Stop by and pick up a reading log. We have great prizes for motivated readers! Stop the summer reading slide. Stay tuned for our upcoming summer programs.
May 28: 10:30-11 a.m. Spanish Storytime, featuring bilingual stories, songs and rhymes. Story reader Reyna Sanchez-Lopez will present lively books and activities to introduce children to the wonders of reading and the treasure of books at the Library. Families and children of all ages are welcome.
Amanda Mongolo is Programs & Outreach Librarian at Incline Village Library, 845 Alder Ave., Incline Village. Call 775-832-4130.
Trending In: Education
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Young Incline scientists head to state regionals
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener