Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Free Little Libraries and one Little Red Wagon
June 22, 2016
Did you know that even when all the North Tahoe libraries are closed or you are here visiting, you still have access to books and magazines?
Yes, you do! Tahoe Library Coalition has two Little Free Libraries and one Little Red Wagon full of books and magazines.
Feel free to take a book. You may return it if you'd like, or pass it along to a friend. No due dates, no late fees, no worries. Find the Little Free Libraries and Little Red Wagon at the following locations:
IVGID Parks & Recreation Center: 980 Incline Way, Incline Village
Burnt Cedar Pool: Burnt Cedar Beach, Incline Village
North Tahoe Event Center: 8318 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach
Recommended Stories For You
Next time you're craving a book at the midnight hour, run down to one of the locations listed above and grab a book. See you at the library!
June 23: 11:15-11:45 a.m. Toddler Story Time: Stories, songs, finger plays and wiggle action are part of the fun. Designed for children 18 months to 3 years, but all ages are welcome.
June 24: 5:30 p.m. 3D Movie Night: Join us for a popular Disney movie shown in 3D. Watch the most popular little clownfish of all time in 3D. We'll provide popcorn and the 3D glasses.
June 25: 3 p.m. 3D Movie Matinee: Giving you a second chance if you missed the movie on Friday night. We're cool like that!
June 23: 2-3 p.m. Free computer class: "Instagram: Photo sharing goes viral."
June 28: 10:30-11 a.m. Preschool Story Time. Join us as we explore a "Food for thought" theme.
The summer reading program is going strong. All ages are encouraged to sign up, read, and potentially win great prizes. Summer events begin July 1 with Brian Scott, magician extraordinaire!
Sign up at the Truckee Library for the summer reading program for all the information on free programs, your Reading Bingo card or Froggy reading game, and surprises. For ages 3-12, pre-readers and independent readers.
Don't forget the daily "Find the Hidden Book" contest taking place through Aug. 31. The first summer reading program participant to find the gift-wrapped book hidden on the shelves in the Children's Room each day will receive a prize.
Special summer Pre-School Storytimes at the Truckee Library take place on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m., June 21 through July 28.
Amanda Mongolo is Programs and Outreach Librarian at Incline Village Library, 845 Alder Ave. in Incline Village. Call 775-832-4130.
Trending In: Education
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Celebrating homeschooling as a viable option in Incline Village
- Tahoe Truckee recognized as Pacesetter community for support of reading
- Toree’s Stories: Spotting the smallest of birds at Lake Tahoe
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge