Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Gobble up a few books at your local library
November 11, 2015
Whether you are looking for recipes, a small book to tuck in your jacket for the lift-ride, an audio book for your commute, or the latest best-seller, your library has it all!
North Lake Tahoe/Truckee has four public libraries, two colleges, and multiple school libraries. Take advantage of the great resources each of them provides!
Plus, library cards are free and require only a picture ID. We encourage everyone to have a card. Stop by and make our day!
Kings Beach Library
Preschool Story time: Books, felt stories, nursery rhymes, and a craft. Tuesdays from 10:30- 11 a.m.
Technology classes, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Thursday of each month: Coming up on Nov. 12 is a Q-and-A with Carl Leblanc of Tahoe Tech Group. Bring your questions or just catch up on the latest tech issues and advances.
Recommended Stories For You
Souper Friends of the Kings Beach Library: Bring a pot of soup to share on Nov. 16 at 6 p.m. and meet a group of fun people dedicated to community libraries and delicious soups.
Incline Village Library
Paws 2 Read: Friendly dogs lend a loving, non-judgmental ear to beginning readers. Receive a free book after reading! Thursday, Nov. 12, 4-5 p.m.
Interactive Art Demonstration: Reno Book Arts – seven talented book artist will be demonstrating the art of making books. Saturday, Nov. 14, 2-4 p.m.
Tahoe Talks: Be part of the conversation as we discuss World War II – The Bomb! and how it changed modern warfare. Tuesday, Nov. 17, 6:30 p.m.
Sierra Nevada College
Art Exhibit: SNC's Prim Library is hosting an exciting art exhibit, PANORAMA, until Dec. 14 on the library's first and second floors. Part of the Nevada Touring Initiative — Traveling Exhibit Program, PANORAMA features 12 exceptional artists and brings Nevada's statewide artist landscape into view. The exhibit may be viewed any time the SNC library is open.
Toddler Time Storytime: For kids ages 18 months to 3 years. Tuesdays, 10:30-11 a.m.
Babes in Bookland Storytime: For kids ages 6 months to 2 years. Wednesdays, 10:30-11 a.m.
Preschool Storytime: For kid ages 3 years and up. Thursdays, 10:30-11 a.m.
Anne Greenwood is Branch Manager at the Kings Beach Public Library.
Trending In: Education
- Flexible technology key to Truckee-Tahoe’s ‘classroom of the future’
- Tahoe Truckee Unified among 6 districts recognized nationally as Green Achiever
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- Back to School: From a teacher’s perspective
- Tahoe Truckee School of Music scores hit with winter recital
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl