Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Libraries love your suggestions
January 26, 2016
We of the local libraries would love to hear from you about books, audiobooks, movies or magazines that you would like to borrow, but that we don't have in our systems.
From our websites, we have purchase suggestion options: If you wish something and fill out the form and we're able to get it, we'll even put it on hold for you.
For the Washoe County Library system, go to the website's home page (washoecounty.us/library), and under "Resources," go to "Library Services" and you'll see "Suggest a Purchase," which takes you to the form.
For Placer County Libraries, visit placer.ca.gov/Departments/Library and click "Suggest Purchase for Library"
For the Truckee Library in the Nevada County Library System, visit mynevadacounty.com/nc/library/Pages/Home.aspx, then go to "Purchase Suggestion."
Upcoming local events
Recommended Stories For You
Incline Village Library
Essential Oils & Aromatherapy: Jan. 27, 6:30 p.m. Curious about essential oils and aromatherapy? April Murrell will explain and share the healing properties and relaxing benefits of therapeutic holistic aromatherapy.
3D Movie Night, Minions: Jan. 29, 5:30 p.m. Come see the Minions cause mischief by taking over our big screen! 3D glasses will be provided! BYO picnic dinner and enjoy popcorn at intermission.
3D Movie Matinee, Minions: Jan. 30, 3 p.m.: We'll provide popcorn, but feel free to bring any other snacks.
Kings Beach Library
Laptop or Desktop – what's right for me?: Jan. 28, 2-3 p.m. Free technology series continues with this informative class taught by Doug Greenwood of Alpensoftware.
Preschool Storytime Explores Trains: Feb. 2, 10:30-11 a.m. Books, songs, nursery rhymes and a craft. Come join the fun.
Special Spanish Storytime: Jan. 30, 10:30-11 a.m. Tahoe Expedition Academy's 10th and 11th grade students will present original art and writing of bilingual creation myth stories for children, plus a demonstration of a creative and interactive model of a California Mission.
Winter Reading Program: Rock out and read with Pete the Cat! Sign up for the Truckee Library's Winter Reading Program, for independent readers between the ages of 5-12. Come in and pick up your Pete the Cat reading log and bookmark by Jan. 31. Read 10 chapter books by Feb. 28 and you will receive: a set of Pete the Cat trading cards, a Pete the Cat tattoo, a certificate of completion and an invitation to a celebration party, to be held in March.
Sierra Nevada College
From Mythology to Star Wars: Feb. 8, 7-9 p.m. TCES rooms 139-141. Dr. Carl Rubino, the Winslow Professor of Classics at Hamilton College in Clinton, N.Y., will discuss the ancient mythological roots of the perennial favorite Star Wars films in this free lecture.
Lucinda deLorimier is Branch Librarian at the Truckee Library, 10031 Levon Ave. Call 530-582-7846 for information.
Trending In: Education
- Flexible technology key to Truckee-Tahoe’s ‘classroom of the future’
- Tahoe Truckee Unified among 6 districts recognized nationally as Green Achiever
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- Tahoe Truckee School of Music scores hit with winter recital
- Tahoe-Truckee Teacher of the Year: Mike Pyle is fifth finalist
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl