Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Regional artists can help paint mural in Incline
November 3, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. —Artist Sara L. Smith has completed the mural in the studio at the Incline Village Library, and now it's time for you to come try your hand at painting.
Washoe County Library System's Idea & Experience box, "Learn to Paint," is set up and ready for all local budding artists through Nov. 17. We will supply the canvas, paint, brushes and easels — everything you need to create your masterpiece.
If you choose, you can even have Bob Ross guide you via video to paint happy little trees and happy little clouds 'till your heart is content. Yes, you get to take your art home — and it's all FREE! Libraries are so cool!
Upcoming library events
Nov. 4, 4-4:45 p.m.: Family Story Time – Children of all ages are welcome at story time. Join us for stories, songs, games, and crafts!
Recommended Stories For You
Nov. 5, 11:15-11:45 a.m.: Toddler Time – Stories, puppets, music and movement for children 6 months to 3 years. Siblings welcome!
Tuesdays from 10:30-11 a.m.: Preschool Story time: books, felt stories, nursery rhymes, and a craft.
Nov. 12: Q-And-A with Carl Leblanc of Tahoe Tech Group. Bring your questions or just catch up on the latest tech issues and advances.
Improve your reading-writing skills: Placer Adult Literacy offers free tutoring for learners 18 and older. Become a tutor and help build readers in our community. Call the library for details.
Join our "Souper Friends of the Kings Beach Library": Bring a pot of soup to share on Nov. 16 at 6 p.m. and meet a group of fun people dedicated to community libraries and delicious soups.
Tuesdays, 10:30-11 a.m.: Toddler Time Storytime, ages 18 months-3 years.
Wednesdays, 10:30-11 a.m.: Babes in Bookland Storytime, ages 6 months-2 years.
Thursdays, 10:30-11 a.m.: Preschool Storytime, ages 3 years and up.
Sierra Nevada College
Nov. 6, 7 p.m.: Chris Millis Writers in the Woods Author Presentation.
Nov. 7, 9 a.m.-noon: Chris Millis Writers in the Woods Workshop.
Amanda Mongolo is Programs & Outreach Librarian at Incline Village Library, 845 Alder Ave., Incline Village. Call 775-832-4130.
Trending In: Education
- $60K sought to send Incline High class to national competition in D.C.
- Incline High We the People class heading to national finals in D.C.
- District names Andrew Yoxsimer as new Incline High principal
- Sierra history: The Gold Rush winter of 1850 (part 2)
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation now accepting grant applications from Truckee
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra