Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Start 2016 out right by getting a library card
January 5, 2016
Have you made a New Year's Resolution to get your body in tip top shape? Your library card gives you access to books on health and fitness, yummy cookbooks on the Paleo diet & Raw diet.
We've got workout DVDs from yoga to kickboxing and everything in between. Spent too much money over the holidays? We've got books on managing finances, credit repair, and saving for a rainy day.
Maybe you just want to relax and curl up with the newest bestseller. We've got those too! I challenge you to make a resolution to spend more time at your local library this year.
Jan. 6: 4-4:45 p.m. Family Story Time. Children of all ages are welcome at story time. Join us for stories, songs, games, and crafts!
Jan. 7, 11:15-11:45 a.m. Toddler Time. Stories, puppets, music and movement for children 6 months to 3 years. Siblings welcome!
Recommended Stories For You
Jan. 9: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Seniors to Seniors .A group of tech-savvy seniors from Incline High School will be available to help you with your computer-related questions. Bring your laptop, tablet, phone, e-reader or other device and learn something new.
Jan. 7: 2-3 p.m. "Drop in Computer Help." Stop by if you need help with online job applications, resumes, setting up an email account or other computer basics.
Jan. 12: 10:30-11 a.m. Preschool Story Time! Join us as we explore Dogs: books, felt-board, songs, and a craft. It will be a howling good time!
Ongoing for kids: Legos, puzzles, coloring pages and more!
Toddler Time Storytime: Tuesdays, 10:30-11 a.m., ages 18 months to 3 years.
Babes in Bookland Storytime: Wednesdays, 10:30-11 a.m., ages 6 months to 2 years.
Preschool Storytime: Thursdays, 11:15-11:45 a.m., ages 3 years and up.
Spanish Storytime: Last Saturday of each month, 10:30-11 a.m., bilingual stories for families and children of all ages.
Winter Reading Program: For independent readers between the ages of 5-12. Come in and pick up your Pete the Cat reading log and bookmark by Jan. 31.
Sierra Nevada College
Jan. 6: 7-9 p.m. Evening Reading with Sharon Millar, Bich Minh Nguyen, Christian Kiefer.
Amanda Mongolo is Programs & Outreach Librarian at Incline Village Library, 845 Alder Ave., Incline Village. Call 775-832-4130.
Trending In: Education
- Flexible technology key to Truckee-Tahoe’s ‘classroom of the future’
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- Tahoe Truckee Unified among 6 districts recognized nationally as Green Achiever
- Friends of the Truckee Library’s used book sale coming back
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges