Tahoe-Truckee libraries have thousands of things to offer | Lip Loop
July 26, 2015
TAHOE-TRUCKEE, Calif. — These are the waning days of July, but your local libraries are still providing great events for every age and interest.
Did you know that the Sierra Nevada College Library houses 3,000 volumes of poetry and the public is welcome to check out items from SNC?
The Kings Beach Library offers free computer classes every week: computer basics in Spanish to iPhone expertise and everything in-between.
The Incline Village Library has the largest collection of Tahoe related materials at the lake, including history, recreation, maps, music, and dvds, all for checkout, and the Truckee Library has more than 169,500 print items and over 35,800 ebooks and downloadable audiobooks.
Children's programs abound, with both summer and winter reading activities, and programs for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers during the school year. Come check us all out!
Upcoming July events:
Recommended Stories For You
Wednesday 29th, 4-4:45 p.m.: Family Story Time — join us for stories, songs, games, and crafts! All ages welcome.
Thursday 30th, 11:15-11:45 a.m.: Toddler Time — stories, puppets, music and movement for children 6 months to 3 years. Siblings welcome.
Wednesday 29th, 2-3 p.m.: S.T.E.A.M. The Power of Observation. Magnifying glasses, bug jars, and backyard observation. Ages 8 and up.
Friday July 31st, 2-3 p.m.: Wild Things! Come meet exotic animals and learn how to protect their habitat. Fun for the entire family!
Thursday Aug. 6th, 1-2 p.m.: Join our wrap-up party for Summer Reading! Come see who will win the great gift baskets, have a cupcake and celebrate reading!
Sierra Nevada College:
September 10: Community Read graphic novel writer Danica Norgorodoff will be giving an art talk at 7 p.m. in the Holman Arts and Media Center on the SNC campus.
September 11: Community Read Author/Writers in the Woods — Benjamin Percy.
September 19: Tahoe Forum — Guest Speaker Isabel Allende, free, but tickets needed: http://www.sierranevada.edu
Wednesday 29th, 4-5 p.m.: RUFF Reading Program (sign up in advance at 530-582-7846). Build confidence by reading to a Truckee/Tahoe Humane Society dog.
Wednesday August 5, 4-5 p.m.: Read to the Rhythm Music Show with Musician and Storyteller Alan Candee. Come for entrancing stories and rockin' music!
Anne Greenwood is Branch Manager at Kings Beach Public Library, 301 Secline Street, Kings Beach, 530-546-2021.
Trending In: Education
- Flexible technology key to Truckee-Tahoe’s ‘classroom of the future’
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- Tahoe Truckee Unified among 6 districts recognized nationally as Green Achiever
- Friends of the Truckee Library’s used book sale coming back
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges