Tahoe-Truckee school district recognizes bus drivers
May 4, 2016
April 26 was California School Bus Drivers Appreciation Day, officially recognizing all school bus drivers for their continued and excellent services to the youth of the state.
The day is promoted by the California Association of School Transportation Officials, a professional organization that promotes safe pupil transportation and advocates for continued high standards for California's school bus drivers.
With that, the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District Board of Education passed a resolution at mid-April board meeting declaring April 26 as School Bus Drivers Day.
"Our school bus drivers are committed to ensuring safe transportation of our students each and every day and we want to recognize them for the continued excellence in serving our youth," said TTUSD Superintendent Rob Leri. "We encourage parents, school employees, and school children to recognize their school bus driver as an important part of their everyday lives."
“Our school bus drivers are committed to ensuring safe transportation of our students each and every day and we want to recognize them for the continued excellence in serving our youth.”Rob LeriTTUSD Superintendent
Recommended Stories For You
This article was provided by the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. Visit ttusd.org to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation accepting grant applications from Truckee
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- Challenge Day encourages Tahoe-Truckee students by building empathy
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure