Tahoe Truckee School of Music student wins talent show
February 19, 2015
Freshman Kane Thompson, a student at the Tahoe Truckee School of Music, won the Truckee High School Talent Show on Jan. 16 in the Truckee High theater.
There were 11 acts composed of singers, dancers, piano players, a violinist, horn players, guitar players, xylophone players and a drummer, and a poetry reading.
It was a rare win for a freshman. The seniors could not recall this happening in their four years at Truckee High.
Kane has been studying piano at the nonprofit Tahoe Truckee School of Music on Meadow Way in Truckee with instructors Sean McAlindin and Jody Sweet.
There were three student judges and three teacher judges. All Truckee High students were welcome to audition. There were cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Kane won with his blues riffs composition.
Recommended Stories For You
This article was submitted to the Sun by the Tahoe Truckee School of Music. Visit tahoemusic.net to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation accepting grant applications from Truckee
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Independent study and ski academy at Tahoe Truckee schools allows students to pursue dreams in high school
- Challenge Day encourages Tahoe-Truckee students by building empathy
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure