Tahoe Truckee School of Music student wins talent show
February 19, 2015
Freshman Kane Thompson, a student at the Tahoe Truckee School of Music, won the Truckee High School Talent Show on Jan. 16 in the Truckee High theater.
There were 11 acts composed of singers, dancers, piano players, a violinist, horn players, guitar players, xylophone players and a drummer, and a poetry reading.
It was a rare win for a freshman. The seniors could not recall this happening in their four years at Truckee High.
Kane has been studying piano at the nonprofit Tahoe Truckee School of Music on Meadow Way in Truckee with instructors Sean McAlindin and Jody Sweet.
There were three student judges and three teacher judges. All Truckee High students were welcome to audition. There were cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Kane won with his blues riffs composition.
Recommended Stories For You
This article was submitted to the Sun by the Tahoe Truckee School of Music. Visit tahoemusic.net to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Truckee hammers South Tahoe for Sierra Bowl victory