Tahoe Truckee School of Music student wins talent show
February 19, 2015
Freshman Kane Thompson, a student at the Tahoe Truckee School of Music, won the Truckee High School Talent Show on Jan. 16 in the Truckee High theater.
There were 11 acts composed of singers, dancers, piano players, a violinist, horn players, guitar players, xylophone players and a drummer, and a poetry reading.
It was a rare win for a freshman. The seniors could not recall this happening in their four years at Truckee High.
Kane has been studying piano at the nonprofit Tahoe Truckee School of Music on Meadow Way in Truckee with instructors Sean McAlindin and Jody Sweet.
There were three student judges and three teacher judges. All Truckee High students were welcome to audition. There were cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Kane won with his blues riffs composition.
Recommended Stories For You
This article was submitted to the Sun by the Tahoe Truckee School of Music. Visit tahoemusic.net to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Teaching appreciation for lifelong gratitude at Lake Tahoe
- Give Back Tahoe: North Tahoe Family Resource Center helps residents find solutions
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Graduation 2014: Incline High’s top-achievers excited for future
- Sierra Nevada College’s Lynn Gillette out as president (updated)
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Truckee native and family kick off tribute tour around the country
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit