Tahoe Truckee schools announce teachers, employees of the year
May 8, 2018
At its most recent board meeting, Tahoe Truckee Unified School District announced its 2018-2019 Teachers of the Year and Employees of the Year.
Mike Mazzie, of Truckee High School, was named the High School Teacher of the Year, and Nicole Sayegh, of North Tahoe School, was named the Middle School Teacher of the Year, a news release states.
"Sayegh is a sixth-grade Two Way Immersion teacher at North Tahoe School," the release states. "She is an educational leader who understands and values the power of connections and does an incredible job of creating an engaging learning environment for all of her students. Ms. Sayegh has a deep understanding of the content she is teaching and is skilled at connecting the daily learning to the long-term learning goals for students. She is a life-long learner who is always looking for ways to enhance her teaching practice and district-wide efforts."
"Truckee High School's social studies teacher, Mike Mazzie, is a gifted teacher with a strong academic approach," the release states. "He is passionate about what he does and instills a genuine enthusiasm for history with his students. Mr. Mazzie often comes to class in period costumes to bring the U.S. History lessons to life. He also has excellent technology and computer skills and has worked with peers to develop three new courses in technology and computer science to better meet the needs of Truckee High's students.
"Mr. Mazzie also coaches the academic team that consistently finishes in the top spots in the league and state competition."
The district's Classified Employees of the Year are:
Recommended Stories For You
Ana Ruelas, Child Nutrition, Kings Beach Elementary
Blanca Carrillo, Office & Technical, North Tahoe High School
Dawn Parkhurst, School Bus Driver, Transportation Services
Irene Gomez, Support Services, Kings Beach Elementary
Source: Tahoe Truckee Unified School District
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Blending what’s best for students in award-winning Truckee Elementary program
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- More than $110K raised for KidZone during Discovery Luncheon
- North Tahoe Middle School students design experiments to save sugar pines
- Tahoe chapter of BuildOn working to make world better place
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film