Tahoe-Truckee schools to expand Accelerated Learner Program
July 22, 2015
The Tahoe Truckee Unified School District is gearing up to expand their Accelerated Learner Pilot program for the 2015-16 school year.
Based on input from parents, students and staff members, TTUSD launched an Accelerated Learner pilot program at Glenshire Elementary and Alder Creek Middle School this past school year. A new full-time teacher provided daily differentiated opportunities for accelerated learners and previously identified GATE students. A unique aspect of this program is that it reached beyond identified GATE students to include accelerated learners.
The program was integrated into the regular school day, a change from the old delivery model where students were only served through an after-school program that met once a week.
The Accelerated Learner program is in alignment with the District's vision to provide all scholars with challenging and engaging learning opportunities to thrive and be successful.
"We are very excited about the potential of this Accelerated Learner pilot program and look forward to applying what we have learned to other schools within the District," stated TTUSD Superintendent Rob Leri.
TTUSD already has a very strategic approach in place for students who struggle meeting academic standards, providing support for academic success.
Recommended Stories For You
With the Accelerated Learner program, the District is offering a program for accelerated learners to address their unique learning styles and support continuous academic progress and healthy social and emotional development.
The first year of the pilot program was successful and TTUSD will expand to Truckee Elementary in the fall and potentially to North Tahoe School the following year.
This article was submitted by the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. Visit ttusd.org to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Teaching appreciation for lifelong gratitude at Lake Tahoe
- Give Back Tahoe: North Tahoe Family Resource Center helps residents find solutions
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Tahoe Music Institute to offer master clarinet class
- 6 ways to winterize your Lake Tahoe home – IVGID Tip
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Truckee native and family kick off tribute tour around the country