Tahoe-Truckee suicide task force appoints outreach facilitator
October 27, 2014
TAHOE-TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Tahoe Truckee Youth Suicide Prevention Task Force recently announced the appointment of Sarah McClarie as outreach facilitator.
McClarie's education and skills include specific training in QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer), crisis counseling, suicide intervention counseling and bilingual outreach.
The goal of the task force is to provide education and implement strategies to mobilize the community to support its young people and prevent future suicides.
This is a collaborative effort involving a number of community agencies including the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District, Placer County and Nevada County Mental Health, the North Tahoe and Truckee Family Resource Centers, the Community Collaborative of Tahoe Truckee, Tahoe Forest Hospital District, and the Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation.
The task force reaches into the community with quarterly coalition meetings that bring together parents, educators, community agencies and community members to discuss topics addressing suicide prevention.
Next year, a new speaker series will be introduced to further reach adolescents with coping skills, and to parents with increased understanding of adolescent behaviors and how to address various topics with teens.
Recommended Stories For You
Further information on the Task Force and its work can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 530-582-2560.
This article was submitted to the Sun by the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. Visit ttusd.org to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Snow days: Tahoe-Truckee schools face challenges when making the call
- Truckee, North Tahoe student athletes commit to excellence on and off the field
- Tahoe Truckee school district hires career-readiness position
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- 154 Truckee High School students graduate
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million