Truckee Boy Scouts head to Jamboree
July 17, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Nevada Council Troop departs for the BSA Jamboree and a tour of historic sites near Washington, D.C.
Wulfe Retzlaff and Hunter Banovich are representing Truckee Troop 267. Thirty-five Scouts are attending from Northern Nevada, with 50,000 other Scouts from around the United States.
The BSA Jamboree is being held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in Mt. Hope, W.Va. This is the new, permanent site for future Jamborees, which are held every four years.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Blending what’s best for students in award-winning Truckee Elementary program
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- More than $110K raised for KidZone during Discovery Luncheon
- North Tahoe Middle School students design experiments to save sugar pines
- Tahoe chapter of BuildOn working to make world better place
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film