Truckee High receives three-year accreditation
June 16, 2015
Following a very successful mid-term report and site visit, Truckee High School received a three-year full accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
WASC is one of the six official academic bodies responsible for the accreditation of public and private universities, colleges, secondary and elementary schools in the United States.
Accreditation is a voluntary process in which schools must demonstrate they are worthy of the trust placed in them to provide high-quality learning opportunities and show continual self-improvement.
"With accreditation, our TTUSD high schools are evaluated extensively, and parents and community can be assured that the educational programs and services offered are current and reflect high standards of quality," shared TTUSD Superintendent rob Leri. "I am extremely proud of the leadership team and teachers at Truckee High. This accreditation, along with the positive feedback Truckee High received from the evaluators, is a direct reflection of their strong commitment to providing a high-quality school program for the community and its students."
Last year, TTUSD's other high schools, Sierra High and North Tahoe High, both had successful WASC visits and earned accreditations as well.
This article was submitted by the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. Visit ttusd.org to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Tahoe Truckee recognized as Pacesetter community for support of reading
- Toree’s Stories: Spotting the smallest of birds at Lake Tahoe
- Give Back Tahoe: Truckee-Donner Historical Society preserves and protects
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Yosemite National Park route closed after fatal fire
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe