Truckee High School Project Graduation to raffle 50-inch TV
November 18, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Purchase a raffle ticket to win a 50" Panasonic plasma TV, valued at more than $700, in support of Truckee High School Project Graduation. Charlie and Nancy Riley of Truckee Sears Hometown Store donated the TV, and raffle tickets are $10, with a maximum of 500 sold, available at Truckee Physical Therapy, Truckee Donner Parks & Recreation, or at the Truckee Sears Hometown Store.
Across the nation, more teen deaths occur during graduation weekend than at any other time of year. These deaths are preventable. The community can help ensure Truckee students don't become part of these national statistics with your help.
Project Graduation provides Truckee graduating seniors with a safe, sober, and supervised graduation experience. The event is drug, tobacco, and alcohol-free all-evening party for the entire class, with entertainment and dinner. During the 23-year history of the program, not one student has been injured or killed.
The cost is off-set by fundraisers scheduled throughout the school year, with the TV raffle earning up to $5,000.
The drawing will be held during the First Friday event on Dec. 6 in historic downtown Truckee.
Look for future fundraising events including the spring Senior Fashion Show and Dinner on the calendar for May 18, 2014.
Trending In: Education
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City