Truckee school safety upgrade work to cause DPR congestion
June 21, 2016
The school year has ended, and the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District has jumped right into the construction season for its bond-funded facility upgrade projects.
Safety enhancements and parking lot upgrades are underway at Sierra Expeditionary Learning School (SELS), located adjacent to TTUSD's main office in Truckee.
While the entrance off of Donner Pass Road remains the same, parking and access to the district office and SELS has changed temporarily to ensure public safety.
All visitors will be directed to park at Sierra High School. During the week, TTUSD will have a staff member stationed at Sierra High during office hours to handle any inquiries and receive packages.
Hours vary by day and will be posted at the school. The public is encouraged to use caution when entering from Donner Pass Road as there will be truck traffic.
Should a community member need to access the District Office, they will be directed to walk along a short, clearly marked pathway.
Recommended Stories For You
The project is scheduled to be completed by the second week in August, before the start of the 2016-17 school year. Visit ttusd.org to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- $60K sought to send Incline High class to national competition in D.C.
- Incline High We the People class heading to national finals in D.C.
- District names Andrew Yoxsimer as new Incline High principal
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation now accepting grant applications from Truckee
- Elementary school students win big at Regional Science Fair