Truckee Soroptimist club supports local Athlete Committed program
September 21, 2016
On Aug. 29, Leslie Dugger, President, Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner (SITD), presented a $1,500 check to Truckee High School leaders for the Athlete Committed program.
The Athlete Committed campaign is about providing support to athletes, coaches and parents. This campaign urges athletes to renew their commitment to excellence. This is a commitment of personal responsibility, shared expectations and collective responsibility — to never lose their focus and never compromise on their values.
For more information about the Athlete Committed groups at both North Tahoe and Truckee high schools, visit the athlete committed pages at nthsathletecommitted.weebly.com or thsac.weebly.com.
The Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner holds monthly club meetings on the second Thursday of each month at noon at Zano's Restaurant (11401 Donner Pass Road) in Truckee.
All women are invited to join us as a guest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. SITD hosts the "Oldest and Best" Wine tasting and Restaurant Faire each year, on the first Saturday of June and Soroptishop, an evening of wine, food and shopping featuring local artisans, on the third Thursday of November.
This article was provided by the nonprofit Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner. For information, go to http://www.sitruckeedonner.org.
Trending In: Education
- North Tahoe Middle School students design experiments to save sugar pines
- More than $110K raised for KidZone during Discovery Luncheon
- Sierra Nevada College’s Lynn Gillette out as president (updated)
- Community works together to support students with special needs
- ‘Classroom of the Future’ taking shape at Tahoe-Truckee schools
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week