Truckee student awarded PEO scholarship
January 27, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Kirstin Kramer, a graduate student majoring in Public Health at UNR, and a Truckee resident, was the recent recipient of Philanthropic Educational Organization's (PEO) program for Continuing Education Scholarship (PCE).
The scholarship is available to women who are returning to school after a 2 year plus hiatus and will complete their studies within 2 years of receiving the scholarship.
Kirstin easily qualified for this scholarship and will be completing her Public Health program May 2017.
She recently spent time in the Dominican Republic and Guatemala doing public health research. She will be returning to Guatemala this summer for a 2 and a half month internship on malnutrition in women and children followed by independent study in Nicaragua doing research on pulmonary disease caused by indoor pollution from primitive cooking methods.
Visit peointernational.org to learn more about Philanthropic Educational Organization.
Trending In: Education
- Snow days: Tahoe-Truckee schools face challenges when making the call
- Truckee, North Tahoe student athletes commit to excellence on and off the field
- Lake Tahoe School names Robert Graves as new Head of School
- Tahoe Truckee school district hires career-readiness position
- More than 175 attend Lake Tahoe School Crystal Ball
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million