Truckee students perform at Sierra College in Rocklin
January 11, 2016
Thirteen members of Truckee High School's Symphonic Band represented Truckee at Sierra College Music Department's Sierra College District High School Honor Band performance on Dec. 4.
Truckee High's scholar-musicians worked under the direction of Greg McLaughlin, Director of Instrumental Music at Sierra College.
Students participated with musicians from five other high schools to collaborate as one large symphonic band for two days of practice culminating with a performance of band literature at the Dietrich Theater on the Sierra College Rocklin campus.
The 70 high school students in the event were also treated to performances by the Sierra College Wind Ensemble and Sierra College's Wind Symphony.
Six TTUSD students perform at Capitol Honor Band
Four Truckee High and two North Tahoe High students recently qualified for California Music Education Association's 39th Annual Capitol Section 2016 Honor Band at Consumnes River College.
Recommended Stories For You
This honor band consisted of 100 auditioned members from Sacramento and the surrounding region. To audition for this event, students submitted recorded auditions that consisted of several scales and a selection from a difficult piece of literature.
The Truckee students participating are Kevin Cross on trumpet, J.P. Eikam on flute, Jared Murphy on percussion and Zeke Rodriquez on bass trombone. Ryan Heisinger on trombone and John Humphreys on bass trombone represent North Tahoe.
This Capitol Section Honor Band was directed by Dr. Peter Boonshaft, professor of Music and Director of Bands at Hofstra University, New York. The concert took place at Sheldon High School in Sacramento on Jan. 9.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Blending what’s best for students in award-winning Truckee Elementary program
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- More than $110K raised for KidZone during Discovery Luncheon
- North Tahoe Middle School students design experiments to save sugar pines
- Tahoe chapter of BuildOn working to make world better place
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film