Truckee teen accepted to EAA Basic Air Academy
May 25, 2016
The Experimental Aircraft Association recently announced that Hayden Ruttenberg of Truckee was accepted to attend the EAA Basic Air Academy 2016 in Oshkosh, Wis.
The EAA Air Academy offers young people the opportunity to meet and work with aviation professionals, while living and learning the arts, sciences, and lore of aviation in both classroom and workshop settings.
They join many other young people, ages 14-15, in this aviation program. Participants in the EAA Air Academy come from around the United States and several foreign countries. Academy activities will include flight experience, workshops, and classroom study.
EAA's Director of Museum & Museum Education, Bob Campbell, says, "The EAA Air Academy teaches young people new skills and instills a pride of craftsmanship. More importantly, it develops their leadership potential and broadens their understanding of both aviation and themselves. The EAA Air Academy is a benchmark of personal experience … and an aviation experience that will last a lifetime."
This article was provided by the Experimental Aircraft Association. Visit eaa.org to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City