Truckee’s KidZone honors outgoing board member Jen Parker
February 23, 2016
A group of KidZone Museum board members gathered recently to thank retiring board member Jen Parker for her service.
Parker joined the board in 2009 and most recently took on the tasks of helping with the organization of the Truckee Air Show and Family Festival. Parker also was on the ground floor of planning and implementing a new fundraising model for the museum.
"Serving on a board of the local nonprofit is a exceptional way to give back to the community, and we thank Jen for her many years of service," says Carol Meagher, Executive Director.
As the KidZone Museum embarks on a strategic plan to expand with the growing community, they welcome local professionals, retirees, second homeowners and stay at home parents to serve on the board.
New board members who have recently joined and deserve recognition are Keri Paulson, Realtor, Caldwell Banker; Sheila Greeno, owner, Quality Automotive and Smog; Jay Mohagen, Principal, Kings Beach Elementary; and Suzanne Montgomery, community volunteer.
To learn more, visit kidzonemuseum.org or email email@example.com.
Trending In: Education
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Celebrating homeschooling as a viable option in Incline Village
- Tahoe Truckee recognized as Pacesetter community for support of reading
- Toree’s Stories: Spotting the smallest of birds at Lake Tahoe
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke