TTUSD holds groundbreaking on $62 million Measure E projects
June 17, 2016
On June 8, the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District held a Measure E Groundbreaking Ceremony at Tahoe Lake Elementary School in Tahoe City.
TTUSD Superintendent Rob Leri, TTUSD Board of Education directors and Placer County Supervisor Jennifer Montgomery were among attendees, and many school students participated in the event.
In 2014, voters living within the lakeside portion of TTUSD approved Measure E, which authorized $62 million in capital upgrade bonds for lakeside school campuses and projects.
New construction plans at Tahoe Lake include replacing modular classroom buildings, adding new classrooms, and modernizing the existing building with a bevy of safety and technology improvements, among others.
Other projects include upgrades at Kings Beach Elementary and North Tahoe School and North Tahoe High, among others.
Visit bit.ly/1UlGLNa to learn more about Measure E, as well as the citizen's oversight committee established to hold the money accountable.
Trending In: Education
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Sierra history: The Gold Rush winter of 1850 (part 2)
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- Excellence in Education Foundation honors Tahoe Truckee teachers, staff
- Ice Axe Impact School offers expeditionary, experiential field courses