TTUSD to participate in Great California ShakeOut
October 14, 2014
On Thursday, Oct. 16, at 10:16 a.m., the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District will join hundreds of thousands of people across the state in the Great California ShakeOut earthquake drill.
All TTUSD staff, students and administration will practice how to "Drop, Cover, and Hold On," the appropriate action according to federal, state and local emergency management experts to reduce injury and death during earthquakes, according to a news release.
"Since safety is a high priority at TTUSD, we build on the Great California ShakeOut event and implement a full emergency response drill to confirm that we are well prepared in the event of an emergency or disaster," TTUSD Superintendent Rob Leri said in a statement. "During the drill we will have the opportunity to test the District's new radio and communication systems and each school will implement their site's emergency plan."
After the event, TTUSD will review processes to determine if modifications or enhancements are needed to its emergency response plans.
Visit ttusd.org to learn more about the district.
Trending In: Education
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)