TTUSD to participate in Great California ShakeOut
October 14, 2014
On Thursday, Oct. 16, at 10:16 a.m., the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District will join hundreds of thousands of people across the state in the Great California ShakeOut earthquake drill.
All TTUSD staff, students and administration will practice how to "Drop, Cover, and Hold On," the appropriate action according to federal, state and local emergency management experts to reduce injury and death during earthquakes, according to a news release.
"Since safety is a high priority at TTUSD, we build on the Great California ShakeOut event and implement a full emergency response drill to confirm that we are well prepared in the event of an emergency or disaster," TTUSD Superintendent Rob Leri said in a statement. "During the drill we will have the opportunity to test the District's new radio and communication systems and each school will implement their site's emergency plan."
After the event, TTUSD will review processes to determine if modifications or enhancements are needed to its emergency response plans.
Visit ttusd.org to learn more about the district.
Trending In: Education
- Teaching appreciation for lifelong gratitude at Lake Tahoe
- Give Back Tahoe: North Tahoe Family Resource Center helps residents find solutions
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- Tahoe Music Institute to offer master clarinet class
- 6 ways to winterize your Lake Tahoe home – IVGID Tip
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting