Emergency crews contain small gas leak in Kings Beach
October 12, 2011
KINGS BEACH, Calif. and#8212; Emergency crews contained a natural gas leak Wednesday afternoon that led to the evacuation of an apartment complex and a popular coffee shop for a short time.
The leak occurred at approximately 11:30 a.m. Wednesday when a private contractor cut a Southwest Gas service line to Java Hut cafe, said Dave Zaski, a public information officer for the North Tahoe Fire Protection District.
No one was hurt, Zaski said.
The Java Hut and a nearby apartment building were evacuated briefly after gas was detected near the Sun-n-Sand Lodge, Zaski said.