Deadline for Incline Village defensible space, chipping requests is Oct. 16
September 30, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The last day to request chipping and defensible space evaluations from the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District for the 2015 season is Oct. 16.
To make your request, please call 775-831-0351, ext. 8118, and leave your name, service requested, address and phone number, or make a request online at http://www.nltfpd.net.
The deadline is in place in order to service all remaining requests in a timely manner, and prior to potential inclement weather approaching.
However, the district will continue defensible space evaluations for construction projects as weather permits, according to a news release.
For chipping requests, the pile needs to be curbside and must not exceed 30 feet in length, 6 feet in height, and 6 feet in width, according to NLTFPD.
Branch diameter cannot exceed 6 inches, and no stumps, roots, garbage, nails or finished lumber will be accepted.
Recommended Stories For You
To date, the district has completed roughly 350 defensible space evaluations and 155 chipping requests, officials said.
Trending In: Environment
- Tahoe Top 5: Animal species you might not know inhabit the Tahoe region
- Abandoned ski areas near Tahoe struggle to recover due to graded runs
- Sierra homeowners are losing coverage because of surrounding brush, trees
- Forging ahead: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows pushes forward with development, gondola projects
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results