Ironman Lake Tahoe: Breaking down all of Sunday’s road closures
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — With the Ironman Lake Tahoe race taking over North Tahoe-Truckee’s highways this Sunday, a variety of travel delays and road closures are on tap.
Here’s a reminder of what motorists should plan for on race day, Sunday, Sept. 20:
• From 5 to 10 a.m., Highway 28 eastbound and westbound from Fox Street to Highway 267 in Kings Beach will be closed. There will be a detour up Fox Street and across Speckled Avenue to reach 267.
• From 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Highway 89 northbound from Fairway Drive in Tahoe City to the intersection of Squaw Valley Road and Highway 89 will be closed.
• From 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Highway 267 southbound from Highlands View Road near Northstar to Commonwealth Drive in Kings Beach will be closed.
• From 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., West River Street eastbound from Highway 89 to McIver Crossing will be closed.
• Continuing down West River, eastbound travel from McIver Crossing to Bridge Street will be closed between 9 and 11:30 a.m.
• From 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., vehicle traffic will not be allowed to cross the railroad tracks at Bridge Street.
• From 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Donner Pass Road eastbound from McIver Crossing to Glenshire Drive will be closed. Donner Pass Road westbound will remain open, allowing vehicle access to downtown Truckee.
• From 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Glenshire Drive eastbound from Donner Pass Road to the Truckee Legacy Trail will be closed. To enter Glenshire, drivers are advised to take Hirschdale Road.
• From 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Old Brockway Road eastbound from Palisades Drive to Highway 267 will be closed. Further, the southern side of the Martis Valley Road roundabout will be closed for the same timeframe; residential traffic is advised to use Palisades Drive to enter and exit that neighborhood.