Photos sought of old ski area off Mt. Rose Highway for cross-country plan
September 24, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Incline Meadows XC, a new nonprofit dedicated to developing community Nordic ski trails in the Incline area, is seeking contributions of photos of the old ski area on the Mount Rose Highway.
Contributed photos will be used in promotional media and presentations, said Karl Volz, a representative of the nonprofit.
"Community out reach presentations in support of community trail development are planned for October and November," Volz said. "Photos may be included in presentations to the IVGID board, Forest Service and for use in slide shows at a community open house in early November."
Photos of skiers, operators, and old facilities of the defunct ski area are of special interest, Volz said, but any photo that shows the great Nordic skiing and terrain along the Mount Rose Highway is welcome.
Contact Volz at 907-632-9062 with questions or for more information.
Trending In: Environment
- Tahoe Top 5: Animal species you might not know inhabit the Tahoe region
- Abandoned ski areas near Tahoe struggle to recover due to graded runs
- Sierra homeowners are losing coverage because of surrounding brush, trees
- Forging ahead: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows pushes forward with development, gondola projects
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results