Truckee airport master plan comment period to be extended
January 20, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Those interested in commenting on the environmental document for the Truckee Tahoe Airport District's master plan update will have additional time due to more analysis being performed.
After issuing a notice for public comment on the plan's mitigated negative declaration in early December 2015, the district soon concluded that additional traffic modeling was needed to fully assess potential project impacts.
In response, a supplemental traffic analysis is being prepared, and once complete, a revised mitigated negative declaration will be recirculated for review and comment.
According to the airport district, the tentative timeline for the upcoming review process is as follows:
Feb. 28, 2016: revised mitigated negative declaration will be circulated and a 30-day comment period begins.
March 30, 2016: comment period ends.
Recommended Stories For You
April 27, 2016: airport board of directors will hold a hearing on the mitigated negative declaration and airport master plan update.
Originally, the comment period deadline was 5 p.m. Jan. 4, 2016, for the mitigated negative declaration, which states that no significant environmental effects are anticipated for the project due to revisions or mitigations measures.
Projects specifically outlined in the master plan update — which will guide airport district development until 2025 — include construction of a multi-use hangar to store aircraft short term and host public events, extending and widening runway 2/20, seasonal use of the air traffic control tower, and acquisition of two nearby parcels.
Visit truckeetahoeairport.com/administration/publications to download an electronic copy of the original initial environmental study and the final draft airport master plan update.
Trending In: Environment
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- Abandoned ski areas near Tahoe struggle to recover due to graded runs
- More Tahoe-Truckee snow this winter means more ice melt for roads
- Lake Tahoe and Truckee Road Conditions
- Tahoe Top 5: Animal species you might not know inhabit the Tahoe region
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million