Truckee Climate Action Plan presentation set for next week
August 5, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Sierra Business Council and the town of Truckee are scheduled to make a joint presentation next week to Town Council about a Climate Action Plan for the region.
The council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 9, at 6 p.m. at Town Council Chambers at 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
While the agenda had yet to be finalized Thursday, the Climate Action Plan presentation is tentatively scheduled for 6-8 p.m., according to Sierra Business Council.
"SBC's Climate Planning team will be presenting their work on the Town's Greenhouse Gas Inventory to the Truckee Town Council," according to an email blast from SBC. "SBC and Town of Truckee staff have been working closely on the baseline inventory for a potential Climate Action Plan and hope to gain support of the community and direction from the Town Council on next steps at this meeting."
For more information, residents can contact Jill Sanford of SBC at firstname.lastname@example.org; or, visit bit.ly/2aDMxZ2 for a PDF of the 76-page draft plan.
"In order to achieve the ambitious goals and action required to mitigate the worst impacts of climate change, it will take full community input and action," according to SBC.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit sierrabusiness.org to learn more.
Trending In: Environment
- Tahoe Top 5: Animal species you might not know inhabit the Tahoe region
- First known Gray wolf visits Nevada County
- Being bear aware at Lake Tahoe-Truckee — follow these tips
- Abandoned ski areas near Tahoe struggle to recover due to graded runs
- First wolf sighting in Nevada since 1922; believed to be from Shasta Pack
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City