Truckee Climate Action Plan presentation set for next week
August 5, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Sierra Business Council and the town of Truckee are scheduled to make a joint presentation next week to Town Council about a Climate Action Plan for the region.
The council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 9, at 6 p.m. at Town Council Chambers at 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
While the agenda had yet to be finalized Thursday, the Climate Action Plan presentation is tentatively scheduled for 6-8 p.m., according to Sierra Business Council.
"SBC's Climate Planning team will be presenting their work on the Town's Greenhouse Gas Inventory to the Truckee Town Council," according to an email blast from SBC. "SBC and Town of Truckee staff have been working closely on the baseline inventory for a potential Climate Action Plan and hope to gain support of the community and direction from the Town Council on next steps at this meeting."
For more information, residents can contact Jill Sanford of SBC at email@example.com; or, visit bit.ly/2aDMxZ2 for a PDF of the 76-page draft plan.
"In order to achieve the ambitious goals and action required to mitigate the worst impacts of climate change, it will take full community input and action," according to SBC.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit sierrabusiness.org to learn more.
Trending In: Environment
- Abandoned ski areas near Tahoe struggle to recover due to graded runs
- Tahoe Top 5: Animal species you might not know inhabit the Tahoe region
- More Tahoe-Truckee snow this winter means more ice melt for roads
- Nearly 10 years later, Tahoe Biltmore redevelopment project is advancing — slowly
- Tahoe’s water inspection program celebrates a decade with no new invasive species