Truckee Railyard development public meeting set for Tuesday
June 20, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A public meeting will take place next week regarding the Truckee Railyard development and what the future holds for the plot of land just east of downtown.
Both the Truckee Planning Commission and Truckee Town Council will host the workshop on the Truckee Railyard Master Plan.
According to the town of Truckee, topics will include, among others:
• Mass and scale for project buildout.
• Church Street/Donner Pass Road roundabout design
• Movie theater uses
Recommended Stories For You
• Community spaces
• Affordable housing
• A parking management plan
The workshop will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 1, at Truckee Town Hall located at 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
Truckee Town Council on May 10 unanimously approved the project's first building, the Truckee Artist Lofts — a mixed-income/affordable housing project that's part of the Railyard's first phase.
Visit truckeerailyard.com for detailed plans, project history, maps and more.
Trending In: Environment
- Abandoned ski areas near Tahoe struggle to recover due to graded runs
- Tahoe Top 5: Animal species you might not know inhabit the Tahoe region
- Bark beetle infestation continues to threaten Tahoe-Truckee forests
- Duffield land donation at Lake Tahoe paves way for critical trail link
- Being bear aware at Lake Tahoe-Truckee — follow these tips