Volunteers clean up over 3,480 lbs of trash at Sierra-at-Tahoe
October 27, 2017
A massive, 200-pound chain. A ’90s-era snowboard.
These were just a couple of the more peculiar items removed from Sierra-at-Tahoe during the annual Keep Sierra Clean Day on Sunday, Oct. 22.
A total of 300 attendees cleaned up more than 3,480 pounds of trash from the snow-free slopes ahead of the 2017-18 season, according to Sierra-at-Tahoe. Several cellphones were among the notable finds during the cleanup.
Sunday’s event was quite an improvement over the previous year, when volunteers collected 1,700 pounds of trash.
Trending In: Environment
- Town of Truckee seeks input on McIver open space
- Tahoe Top 5: Animal species you might not know inhabit the Tahoe region
- Abandoned ski areas near Tahoe struggle to recover due to graded runs
- Being bear aware at Lake Tahoe-Truckee — follow these tips
- Thick pollen returns with vengeance to Lake Tahoe Basin