Workshop set for Oct. 1 on North Tahoe-Truckee transit future
September 24, 2015
Officials are seeking feedback from locals about the future of transportation throughout the greater North Tahoe-Truckee region.
The Nevada County Transportation Commission, Placer County Transportation Planning Agency and Tahoe Regional Planning Agency will host a workshop at 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 1, at the Tahoe City Transit Center at 870 Cabin Creek Road in Tahoe City.
Officials said it will cover unmet transit needs in the Resort Triangle, which includes connections among the town of Truckee, Tahoe City and Kings Beach.
Comments are due Oct. 15, according to Nevada County. If you are unable to attend the workshop or public hearing, you can submit comments via snail mail to NCTC Attn: Mike Woodman, 101 Providence Mine Rd., Suite 102, Nevada City, CA, 95949.
You can also email him at email@example.com; fax to 530-265-3260; or call 530-265-3202.
Call Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART) at 800-736-6365 for public transportation options.
Trending In: Environment
- Tahoe Top 5: Animal species you might not know inhabit the Tahoe region
- Abandoned ski areas near Tahoe struggle to recover due to graded runs
- Sierra homeowners are losing coverage because of surrounding brush, trees
- Forging ahead: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows pushes forward with development, gondola projects
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results