Explosives investigation follows few leads | SierraSun.com

Explosives investigation follows few leads

The investigation continues for explosives stolen near Floriston last week.

The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of those responsible or for the recovery of the explosives.

“At this time we are still conducting interviews, we don’t have any new leads,” said Lt. Frank Koehler with Nevada County Sheriff’s. “We’ve had a few calls on the tip line.”

The explosives were stolen from a licensed vault near Floriston along Interstate 80 Wednesday, Sept. 17, Koehler said, and were being used by the contractor for construction and ski resort avalanche control.

Authorities say they have evidence the explosives bunker was forcibly entered.

Anyone with information can contact the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office crime tip hotline at (530)470-2400 or go to mynevadacounty.com/sheriff/ and select online services, crime tip form.

” Sun staff report