Fire displaces three people on Lake Tahoe South Shore |

Fire displaces three people on Lake Tahoe South Shore

Tahoe Daily Tribune

Three people and a dog are without a home following a fire last Wednesday evening in a Round Hill neighborhood.

The Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District was dispatched to Elks Avenue Wednesday for a reported structure fire.

According to the district, a grease fire started in the kitchen and quickly spread through the living space.

The blaze triggered smoke alarms, which alerted the three people inside. They managed to safely escape, although one of the individuals received burns to the hands and feet.

Photos posted by the district show extensive damage in some areas of the structure.

Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.