Lake Tahoe ski resort round-up, weather forecast | SierraSun.com

Lake Tahoe ski resort round-up, weather forecast

Staff Reports

TAHOE/TRUCKEE andamp;#8212; Numerous ski resorts around Lake Tahoe are bringing in the weekend with fresh amounts of new snow in Wednesday’s storm.The highest reported total was 24 inches at Royal Gorge Cross Country, while Alpine Meadows and Boreal both reported 18 inches at the highest elevations. Several resorts, including Diamond Peak, Sugar Bowl and Mount Rose, received less than 2 inches.According to http://www.noaa.org, snow showers are possible every day for the next week, with a 10 percent chance before 1 p.m. today and a 30 percent chance Friday and a 40 percent chance Saturday. Conditions are expected to be mostly cloudy for the next week.Here is this weekandamp;#8217;s complete forecast for the Tahoe area, from http://www.noaa.org.

Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. South wind around 5 mph. Friday night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 27. South wind between 5 and 10 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected. Saturday: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. East wind between 5 and 10 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected. Saturday night: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Little or no snow accumulation expected. Sunday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Sunday night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Monday: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Monday night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Tuesday: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Tuesday night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Wednesday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.