LISTEN: Assembly to introduce resolution to end governor’s emergency powers and more on Tahoe Talk
Up-to-date, daily info on news that is happening around Lake Tahoe, California and Nevada!
Today’s topics include:
- Global C19 Totals: 5M+ cases, 325K deceased
- CA Assembly members introduce resolution to end the governors emergency powers
- Phased approach to launching boats underway at Lake Tahoe
- Gaming control board allows restaurants inside of casinos to reopen with strict precautions
- Michigan Dam failure causes 10K residents in Midland County to evacuate – could be under 9 feet of water within hours
- Navajo Nation has surpassed NY and NJ for the high per-capita C19 infection rate in the US – 173K people, AZ/NM/UT
- CDC quietly releases 60 page “guidelines of reopening economy” on Sunday.
- All 50 states has eased some C19 restrictions – rules vary widely
- Trump administration extends border closures to Canada & Mexico until June 22
- Trump says “we’ll see” to a request from Ford to wear a mask upon his visit to their factory on Thursday
- Tyson vs. Holyfield Round 3 stage is set in Saudi Arabia
- On this Day, 1873: Levi Strauss patents “Blue Jeans”
Listen to the latest podcasts here.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User