LISTEN: Gov. Newsom announces 4 stages of reopening and more on Tahoe Talk
Up-to-date, daily info on news that is happening around Lake Tahoe, California and Nevada!
Today’s topics include:
- Global confirmed cases: 3M+, 219K deceased
- US GDP shrank 4.8% in Q1 alone
- 10 states have lifted restrictions to some extent
- Trump signs another executive order keeping meat processing plants open
- Some schools decide to stop distance learning — too hard on teachers… and parents!
- Gov. Newsom states possibly starting back up in late July, early August along with releasing the 4 stages
- Sisolak will announce plan to reopen NV tomorrow
- Rare collaboration between Thunderbirds and Blue Angels yesterday in NYC
- The Venetian in Vegas said that thermal imaging would be part of their strategy when they reopen
- NHP dishes out 67 citations in 2 hours on Hwy 28 for illegal parking
- Interesting note: Trolls World Tour made more money for Universal in 3 weeks on VOD than the original film did in 5 months
Listen to the latest podcasts here.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User