LISTEN: Gov. Newsom to reveal reopening guidelines, drought watch and more on Tahoe Talk
Up-to-date, daily info on news that is happening around Lake Tahoe, California and Nevada!
Today’s topics include:
- SLT City Council votes to send letter to governor; asks police to ease up on shelter in place violators
- Gov Newsom to reveal guidelines for reopening later today
- Drought is back on the watch for most of Northern CA, Redding is at “extreme” drought already right now
- Prediction tools shows how forest thinning may increase snowpack
- Global Covid-19 Totals: 3.9M cases, 265K deceased
- 3.1M unemployment claims last week, 33.5M seven week total
- 70% of the workforce is either unemployed or fears losing their job within the next 12 months
- 26% of Americans who are currently working say they’ve experienced a pay cut, while 36% are working fewer hours.
- 41% percent of Americans say they couldn’t pay an unexpected $250 expense
- Washington state can’t catch a break – Gypsy Moths!
- Street artist Banksy strikes again. Very cool photo left at Southhampton General Hospital
- Fun fact: On this day, 125 years ago (1895) the world’s first radio receives signal in Russia
Listen to the latest podcasts here.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User