LISTEN: ‘Murder Hornets,’ Star Wars Day and more on Tahoe Talk
Up-to-date, daily info on news that is happening around Lake Tahoe, California and Nevada!
Today’s topics include:
- 3.5M total cases, nearly 250K deceased globally (millions of Italians return to work today)
- Star Wars Day – May the 4th be with you (Disney+ releases The Rise of Skywalker early)
- Costco limiting meat purchases to 3 items per person, requiring masks, and back to normal operating hours
- Whole Foods announced they will be providing free disposable masks to customers nationwide
- Large layoffs possible for United Airlines amid $1.3B Q1 loss
- “Murder Hornets” spotted in Washington state – can kill a person without allergies and puncture a bee suit
- Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium aiming to be the “gold standard” of sporting events and host fans for it’s first game – Side bar: Don Shula HC, most winning NFL coach ever died today
- Aquarium in Japan that said their garden eels were in danger of forgetting about humans – “Please FaceTime them!”
- Douglas County commissioners drove a letter to the capitol asking the governor to allow businesses and offices to reopen
- El Dorado county has started offering free testing to residents that want to be tested
- New city manager for SLT, Joe Irvin, is getting sworn in this Monday morning
- Check it out: Very comprehensive article on the Sierra Sun about the economy for North Tahoe and Truckee
Listen to the latest podcasts here.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
‘Why to These Rocks’: Community of Writers celebrates fifty years of annual workshop with poetry collection
Edited by Lisa Alvarez, and introduced by long-time poetry director and former U.S. Poet Laureate, Robert Hass, “Why to These Rocks” tells part of the story of the Community of Writers through work produced in…